Thursday, January 24, 2008

Just some random thoughts...

Today was a good day. Actually, considering everything this week so far has not been bad at all.
Some events happened today that really made me think, in the kind of way where you turn your head cock-eyed in one direction and go "hmmmm...."
Needless to say, as I type this post I am doing it right now. LOL!!

People really can make you go "hmmm..." No one is perfect by any means but it is funny who you can rely upon and who well...may not be so reliable. It can be anything from morale support, just a message, the way they respond to something, don't respond, or it can be when you are going through something really tough or even worse when you may have accomplished something -- you may just be surprised at what people say or DO NOT say.

We all have been guilty of focusing on the negative or saying something negative but I would hope that most of are old enough to have moved past it. But I really wonder if those around us or okay me do they really want me to be happy? do they want me to succeed? do they wish me the best? are they in my corner?
Or is it easier for them to focus on the negative b/c they have their own issues to deal with? Maybe they are too self-absorbed to even realize they are doing this --- nah, chances are they know it but they have to save face & keep up with the charade instead of acknowledging it.

I try to be positive, try not to speak ill of anyone, pay a compliment but sometimes I feel them pulling me into their behavior...so I can become one of them. It is a challenge to separate & keep your own senses at times. Especially when you hear the stuff that comes out of their mouths! Geez! makes you wonder.

Well...like I said just some random thoughts. Take them for what they are or ignore it or maybe take a look and ask yourself how do I treat the people I come across on a daily basis? Strangers, family, friends, co-workers, sales clerks, etc... all included.

3 comments:

Vera said...

I agree! Especially about the part on who you think you can normally rely upon and then who is actually there. It was such a big lesson for me last year.

Kim said...

I definitely can relate...people that you think are there for you aren't always your steadies. I also think that some times when you have things going on in your life it is easier to find faults in others. It is a bad thing and so unnecessary but some times I think even very good people fall victim.

cinnibonbon said...

Bummer...What happened?? Anyway you've got New O to think about, focus on that...you gals will have a great time.