Saturday, January 19, 2008

WOW! Crazy Stuff...

I saw the previews for this new show on VH1 - "Celebrity Rehab w/Dr. Drew". Those of us from the old MTV days will remember him as the therapist/voice of reason on the Sex Talk show he had w/some guy named Adam.
Well....this afternoon I caught a replay of the 2nd episode. OH MY GOODNESS!! It was ... I am sitting here with my head shaking b/c I cannot find the right word(s) to describe this show. One thought that does come to mind is that it is shocking the lengths people will go to remain in denial. And what they are willing to put their bodies through time & time again to relieve that pain they are feeling.
There are some stars on it I have not heard of but then others we will all recognize. The one that really stands out, or at least these 1st few episodes, is Jeff Conway. Star of Taxi & Grease. But taking the "star" factor out of the picture & realizing that they are human beings just like you & me -- to see at what point they are in their life & how their addiction has taken its toll on their mind, body & spirit is what really gets me.
I was thinking this is the kind of stuff that our youth needs to see to scare them straight (remember that video we all saw or heard about to keep us away from drugs??!!) Well, this would do it for me if I was a kid! NO WAY am I touching that stuff!
So...when you are channel surfing, b/c there is nothing on cable, if you come across this show check it out. Its not pretty, its not nice but is really raw & vulnerable with human emotion, pain, and it is like "WOW! Crazy stuff!".

1 comment:

Vera said...

I remember watching Dr. Drew & Adam Carolla...I honestly have no idea why people decide to start and continue taking drugs...it's mind boggling!