Tuesday, February 12, 2008

12th Idea of Inspiration

Donate to a favorite charity.Every so often an organization will send out these bright colored postcards asking for donations.
I have donated before and they make it so easy too. You just bag up your donations and tape this card to them, set them on your front porch & they will come by to pick it up from your house.

You do not have to do much & it makes a difference to so many people. Just donate your clothing, shoes, and the like. This came at a good time b/c I was able to clean out my closet and help at the same time.

In the past 4 years I have become much more active in my community by donating my time (mostly time) and money to various causes. March of Dimes, Race for the Cure, Leukemia & Lymphona Society, Cystic Fibrosis Fdtn, Habitat for Humanity, Humane Society, and some others.
Often you hear that the person donating their time gets just as much as the person or organization they are helping. I can say that is ABSOLUTELY true!
It is by far a very rewarding and heartwarming experience.

If you are considering helping or donating please look into your heart and you will find the direction to the organization that means the most to you. Anything you do will not go unwarranted.

Happy Inspiring & Volunteering!!

1 comment:

Kelly Keating-Caraway said...

I would love to do work with Habitat for Humanity, I can only imagine how rewarding it must be.